Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Visit to Kansas City

Ari and Aunt Lissa
We took our first road trip as a family, complete with staying in a hotel and everything! Ari doesn't really like to sleep in her carseat, I think it is because she is used to sleeping on her stomach. I did find that if I "rocked" the carseat while we were driving she could fall asleep for 30-40 minutes. So I spent a lot of time in the backseat. 

I have decided that getting a suite is totally worth it when you have a baby...especially when you are bottle feeding, the large sink, fridge and freezer made things so much easier! Ari liked the hotel room too...She slept for 12 hours straight the night that we were in the hotel...an amazing feat considering she wasn't in her own bed.
*Side note* The weather has been so wacky and Ari has been growing like crazy that I didn't have very many long-sleeves clothes for her to wear, but luckily a good family friend sent her the cute pink outfit! Thank you so much!

We spent a lot of time with family and with Arianna's birth parents. Friday night Lindsey and her family met us at the hotel and spent some time getting to know Ari.We were able to meet up with Tyson on Saturday afternoon.
Ari and Lindsey
Ari and Tyson
Family Picture in front of the Kansas City temple


We are so excited to have another temple in Missouri. To me the temple is the most peaceful place on Earth. It is a wonderful place for instruction and reflection. If you would like to learn more click here.

1 comment:

  1. my favorite part is the little rolls sneaking out from under her dress in your family picture! :) mmmm...love me some chubby ari!!

    ReplyDelete