Sunday, July 31, 2016

Birth Parent Visit


It has been a while since I have written here. I went through a hard spot after losing our baby, Ty. Picking up my camera would bring me to tears...I still took pictures with my phone, but pulling out my nice camera just wasn't an option for a while...Then life hits and you just have to move on. 

Yesterday, Ari and I went up to Kansas City to see her birth parents, Tyson and Lindsey. Ari was really nervous at the beginning and it broke my heart to see her so anxious, but she handled it and warmed up to each of them with a little time. 
The realities of adoption are hard to face sometimes. Ari's case is one of the best that I could hope for. Both of her birth parents have made good life choices and are very interested in her and her well being. She has so much family that loves and supports her, but she still faces the difficulties of figuring out how all these people fit into her life.  It is a road we will all travel down together and face the challenges as they come. 















2 comments:

  1. Ashley, you guys are such amazing people and parents! Oh how I look up to you...just wish we saw each other more often :0/ Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is bursting! Ari is such a blessed little girl! She is so lucky and God blessed to have you as parents who allow her to be a part of her history before she even asks. She will always know exactly who she is, spiritually and physically. Sure love you all! Grandma Teril

    ReplyDelete