Friday, June 1, 2012

The Start of Summer Craziness


We have had two very busy weekends. So I figured I would cover both of them in one post.
Two weeks ago we drove to Kansas for my cousin's high school graduation. Ari did really well with all of the family and got to see her great-grandmother again :) Ben and I discovered the wonderful world of cell phones as baby monitors and took a short dip in the hotel pool while she slept.  
The next day we drove up to Lindsey's graduation. Ari did fairly well in the car on the way there, and slept through the entire ceremony in my arms.  We had a great time meeting all of Lindsey's family, at least until Ari needed a nap. The drive back got rough, but we all made it home in one piece.
This past weekend Ari and I went up to St. Louis for my sister's wedding shower. Ben went on a fathers and sons campout so it was just us girls. Oh and Ari's future Uncle Matt.

Bride to be
Groom to be
The beautiful Aunts
Fun with Grandma

 This is the table setting we had in one of the rooms. We were going for a garden theme...We had this set up for the guests to make their own personal fruit pizzas. I think it turned out pretty well. 
We had a great time visiting with all the family. It was surprisingly less stressful than I anticipated...However, I did discover that headphones are a good thing to help keep me sane in the car ;)
The other big project we have going on is our garden:

 The lettuce has been growing like crazy, and the green beans have just started produce fruit. We have had some trouble with rabbits...but the weeds are doing nicely!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment