Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dear Arianna (5 Months)


Dear Arianna,
You are 5 months old today, and you have changed so much in the last month. It hasn't just been physically, but also mentally. You have discovered your feet and are constantly trying to grab them, even in your car seat. A few times you have gotten your fingers intertwined in your toes. You have also figured out how to reach out and grab things held in front of you. Then of course, as soon as you have it in your hands, it goes straight to your mouth. We have just started to not swaddle you when we put you to bed. I have been really impressed with your ability to calm yourself down and fall asleep, usually within 10 minutes. 
Teething has been really bad this month. The teeth haven't broken through yet, but you can see two of them right up front.  This has caused some sleepless nights and some screaming fits...but mostly you just whine. You have good days when you are happy and playful like normal. But the hard days are the days you whine the whole time you are awake. I can't wait for these teeth to push through...but then I guess we will start all over again, huh? :) 
You have gotten very strong. You can stand up if we hold your legs...I have yet to get a picture of it. You also have a very strong grasp. You will not let go of something if you want to hold it-that includes hair. 
We took a big road trip last weekend, which I am behind in blogging about :D Thankfully, you have gotten over your dislike of the car, but are only happy in your car seat for about an hour, then you get restless. You are enjoying the outdoors more and more. It is one of the things I can count on to help calm you when you are upset. You love to watch the birds and the butterflies. Some night we will have to keep you up late so you can see the fireflies. 
You have started to eat solid foods! I have never seen a baby learn to eat before, so watching you try has been fascinating to me! You caught on pretty quick, but that first face was priceless...you had no idea what was in your mouth or what to do with it. You now "chew" and swallow, but hate big lumps. We have only given you rice cereal, which I grind for you, but there are new foods coming shortly :)  
Ari, we are truly starting to get to know your personality. You are easy going, easy to entertain, and love to smile. You endure pain very well and are patient. I am so blessed you are my daughter. I am so glad that I have had so many precious moments with you. July is going to be a big month for us, I am so excited to add you to our "Forever Family."




 I was going through the pictures I took and I remembered that I had a very similar one from earlier...this is neat to see how much your face has changed :)
5 months
Almost 3 months





1 comment:

  1. she is smiling so much! we haven't seen ari in too long...we miss her!

    ReplyDelete