Saturday, January 7, 2012

Frist Week...


Well, it has been just over a week since we have been home and we have all survived! Arianna has slept pretty well...3 nights she slept through the entire night! We are figuring out schedules and how to keep everyone happy.
The business has been busy and I am figuring out how to answer the phone and take care of her. She has been really good, so it has worked out alright.
We went to her 2 week check up and the doctor was impressed with how healthy she is. She now weighs 7 lbs 12oz. She gained almost a pound in a week! The weather has been so beautiful that I took her for a walk in the park. It felt great to get some exercise and she loved the stroller.
Ben and I went out on a date a few nights ago. We bundled her up in the car seat and she slept the entire time. We have been blessed.
My family also has come out to visit. My mom and sisters came out when we first got home and stayed a few days, then my dad came out yesterday. I enjoyed the opportunity to "teach" my sister newborn care and to show off how Arianna is so mild mannered.



Lindsey, the birthmom also came to visit today. Her dad and sister had been planning on being in town for Arianna's birth, but because she came early they were unable to meet her. They came for a few hours and got to witness Ari's sweet coo's and humming, they also got to experience her first blowout...Ahh the wonders of an infant. (Sorry I didn't get any pictures I will have to have Lindsey send me some.)
I just want to say I love being a mom. This is the job I have been hoping and praying for my whole life and it is finally here. Sometimes it seems a little surreal, others times it just feels right, I am in heaven. Earlier today I was feeding her and she looked up at me, and I knew she knew me...I am her mom, that just blows me away.

4 comments:

  1. She is such a sweetie! Congratulations Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Ashley, tears of joy! Thank you for updating. She is so sweet and precious. And I have to say...She looks like a Petersen! And she is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bottom picture is my favorite...she kinda looks like she's wearing a hot pad (the crocheted ones that hang on your fridge) She's probably little enough that she'd almost fit in one :) - Royal

    ReplyDelete
  4. motherhood fits you...:) we love her!!

    ReplyDelete