Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Need Advice...

Hi everyone! I have an issue that I would love some advice on. Ari has started a strange habit and I am not sure what to do, or if this is something that I should worry about.
We noticed, about a month ago, Ari would scream/squeal in fear when she saw a purple elephant toy. It didn't matter if it was just lying there or if we were playing with it, she would scream and shy away. We thought this was funny and cute and even took a few videos of it. But then it happened with her FAVORITE lion toy. This was the first toy she ever played with. She started reacting in the same way as the purple elephant. The only thing these things seemed to have in common was that they both "rattled"  but she didn't seem to mind other rattle toys.
This has slowly been escalating. She would find about 1 toy a day that she would be playing with then suddenly start screaming at. She doesn't stop screaming until I remove the toy, then it is back to business as usual. Today it was 3 new toys....I can't seem to find a common element. They don't all have rattles, they aren't the same texture or color...all they have in common are faces...
Here are the ones we have at our house, there have been a few at Grandma's house too...

I have noticed that she is starting to play very well on her own. She babbles and crawls around and seems to be "playing" some of game in her head. Could this all be her imagination starting to come out? Should I "protect" her from these toys or should I try to show her that they are "nice"? I am afraid that we will run out of toys pretty quickly if this continues.
Has anyone else had any experiences like this? Anyone have any guesses as to what is going on? Should I be worried? Is this just a phase?

No comments:

Post a Comment